Tattoo Aftercare and Feeding
- After two hours, carefully remove bandage from tattoo.
- Wash tattoo with a mild anti-bacterial fragrance free soap. Gently remove all dried and drying blood with lathered soap and finger tips. (No Wash Clothes)
- Once washed, allow tattoo to air dry.
- Apply a thin application of a fragrance free/hypo allergenic lotion (i.e. Curel, Lubriderm, etc.). Keep tattoo soft to avoid cracking and bleeding. Tattoo will peel like a sunburn. DO NOT PICK AND/OR SCRATCH!
- Continue to wash tattoo once a day, repeat steps 3 and 4, and apply the moisturizer two to three times daily for two weeks.
- Avoid prolonged soaking of tattoo (i.e. pool, hot tub, bathtub). Absolutely NO chlorinated water period.
- Avoid ALL sunlight on tattoo during healing (average 1 month). Sunlight is the leading cause of fading. For the remainder of the tattoo life, always apply thick application of sun block containing a high SPF.
- While healing, keep clothing, bedding, etc. clean and free of pet hair.
- It is normal for the tattoo to be swollen, warm, and red during the healing process-however, if you believe these symptoms are excessive please call or return to Phantom 8, or consult a physician. (We would prefer to examine the tattoo first.)
- Symptoms of an infection, although rare:
• Excessive and/or prolonged fever
• Excessive and/or prolonged redness
• Yellow and/or green pus or discharge
• Red streaking around tattoo
Each body is unique and healing times may vary considerably. If you have ANY questions, please contact the studio.
At Phantom 8 we care about the entirety of the professional service we provide.